A Portfolio site for a painter/poet
A simple brochure site that shows the client paintings. The client wanted an clean, fast loading site for gallery owners and museums. We recently launched an upgrade to this site with new colors, larger images, and custom typography. The client had many new paintings and some new categories. We will be working on marketing his work in the next phase.
This site is 'responsive' or 'mobile friendly' for viewing on mobile phones and tablets.
- Client Changes
This site is easy for the client to add new content and edit text.
- Painting Categories
The artist has separated his paintings into groups by subject. e.g. ‘Landscapes’ and ‘Abstracts’. This picture shows the Landscapes page.
- Custom Post Types
For those who are interested in technical detail, This WordPress theme uses Custom Post Types to separate posts and pages into categories so that different media of art and writings are grouped separately.
- Pages include basic brochure site pages
Price sheet, contact page, artist bio, and page for poems
- Show the painter's work with prices
- Target audience for this site was mainly for gallery owners to view the client's work
- He wished to have his work available for applications to show in galleries and museums. Paintings can be viewed by category
- Client was on a budget
- Site Design
- Clean Fast loading website. Easy to ‘get’ at a glance Showcases the artists work allowing him to apply for shows.
- Photo coaching— Image preparation — (PhotoShop)
- Basic SEO (search engine optimization)
- Responsive or Mobile friendly. (Made for smart phones and tablets)
- Set up Google Analytics
- Register with search engines Google and Bing
- Hosting and Domain setup