Good Design = Better Page Rank, More Conversions
For instance, if you have classes, class signup is front and center along with a short intro paragraph. Any benefits from classes, or longer descriptions can come later on a ‘Learn More’ button for instance.
Visitors are naturally guided through the site as their questions are answered
Common examples: A site selling baby clothes, might have pastel colors and less formal typography to imply baby focus. A site targeting Government Contracts for the Military would not be in pastel colors, or fancy text.
- We research competition. How can you stand out? Why should someone choose you over your competition
- We get specific about your target audience, your goals and what you have to offer a site visitor
- We make it clear what do you want the reader to do with "Calls to Action"
- We answer the question. "How will you measure success for your site / business?"
Your Website Is A Marketing Tool. Your content is THE most relevant marketing factor. I will help you to refine your content for optimal effect.
I give marketing advice on what an effective website can offer and how to deploy that. I suggest ways to become aware of and enhance traffic. I show my clients methods to work on metadata and highlight cornerstone content. There are ways to reach out to your audience we can explore. However, there is no substitute for good old fashioned networking that can put your site on the map.
Optionally we can include a marketing strategist for planning and/or help with content.
If your business is one that has a lot of competition, it will be important to clarify what you have to offer. We will work together to towards this effort. Using myself as an example, I have listed how I stand out in the crowded field of Oakland web designers.
- You will want an Eve Lurie website because:
- Shop local! As an Oakland, CA web designer, I am familiar with local business and have local marketing experience
- I listen and speak in clear english, not techno jargon
- I am friendly, smart, compassionate, responsible and have an eye for detail
- I have experience in marketing, graphic design, photography, computer consulting, and web development. I am a generalist, I know a little about a lot of things. If I don’t know how to do it, I know how to find out
- You have heard about me from my peers
- You like the look of sites I have done, and your business fits the type of clients with which I have worked
- You want the marketing advice I have to offer, and appreciate help in guiding your content
- You want my expertise on best practices for your website
- You love my website and have learned a lot about how to create an effective site and all the functionality you can add to your site to make it more dynamic
- My rates are competitive
- Making your website is the beginning of a relationship where I will continue to serve your needs as your business grows and changes
- I have been making websites since 2002
- I am a freelancer, so you don't have to work with a bunch of folks or employees of a firm
- I work hourly so these estimates reflect how many hours a site will take. Here is the range of costs for a website
- $1200 Artists Special (Brochure site) ~15 hrs.
- $2400 to $4500 28-52 hrs.
- $4500 to $6000 52-70 hrs.
- $6,000— 70+hrs.